19.00h Welcome and Opening
Mrs. María Luisa Ceballos Casas, President of the European Network of Holy Week and Easter Celebrations.
Mr. Julio Grande Ibarra, Coordinator of the Scientific Committee of the European Network of Holy Week and Easter Celebrations.
19.15h Confraternities as Keepers and Promoters of Historical–Artistical Heritage
During this talk, we will examine the role of these institutions as promoters of material and immaterial heritage linked to the Holy Week and to religious art by sharing it with the general public. We will discuss how to spread and communicate the values represented by the Holy Week.
- Canon José Paulo, Confraternity of Nossa senhora do Sameiro, Braga, Portugal.
- Mr. Borut Garther, Director of the Škofja Loka Passion Play, Slovenia.
- Mr. Francisco Perea Torres, President of the Council of Brotherhoods and Confraternities of Carmona, Spain.
20.30h Celebrations for Children
Presentation of different children celebrations connected to the Holy Week. A forum to improve cooperation between confraternities in order to work together to promote and develop these initiatives that bring this tradition closer to the youngest generations.
- Mr. Christian Raggio, executive secretary of the Birgu Local Council and a member of the Commision of religious feasts and celebrations in Birgu, Malta.
- Mr. Joaquín Marzá Mercé. Principal of “Manuel Riquelme” Public School, Hurchillo. National Award of Educational Excellence. Secretary of the Board of Mayor Guilds, Brotherhoods and Stewardships of Orihuela’s Holy Week, Spain.
- Mr. Silva Rego, responsible of the representation of the Penitent Drums, Holy Wednesday, Braga, Portugal.
19.00h Management of Confraternities
Success stories showing how confraternities work: internal structure models, governance systems, management of relationships with other institutions, funding strategies, etc. A demonstration of the key factors with potential to improve the efficiency of confraternities’ internal organization.
- Dr. Varico Pereira, from the Confraternity do Bom Jesus do Monte de Braga, Portugal.
- Mr. Francisco Javier Gómez Mora, member of the Brotherhood of the Good End, Cabra, Spain.
- Mr. Jesús Fernández Fernández. First Deputy Mayor of Viveiro. Member of the Brotherhood of the Seven Last Words and member of the Council of Holy Week’s Confraternities of Viveiro, Spain.
- Mr. Alberto López Martínez. Principal of “EL Acequión” Public School, Torrevieja. Treasurer of the Board of Mayor Guilds, Brotherhoods and Stewardships of Orihuela’s Holy Week, Spain.
20.30h Cultural Programs of the Confraternities
The cultural programs of the confraternities do not focus exclusively on their internal activity or on the activities directly linked to Holy Week. Nowadays, and increasingly so, they organize external activities such as concerts, conferences, theatre plays, musical activities, poetry and literary readings, religious art exhibitions, etc. It is a new way to share the Holy Week, through traditional and contemporary artistic works, and an excellent funding tool.
- Mr. Gerlando Taibi. Master of ceremonies of the Real Maestranza di Caltanissetta, Sicily, Italy.
- Mrs. María del Carmen López Gómez. Spokesperson of the Council of Holy Week’s Confraternities and president of the Brotherhood of Women of the Holy Cross, Viveiro, Spain.
- Mr. José Jiménez Loreto, deputy president, Brotherhood of the Gypsies of Utrera, Spain